These were the best cupcakes I have ever eaten in my life! I don’t think they are the easiest to bake since most of mine did sink and overflow. I tried it today for the fans club meeting of my daughter and it was a hit! With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until ��� It lends a richer chocolate that isn’t bitter. My cupcakes didn’t rise as much. Thank you so much!!!! Now to try the layer cake version! Place the chocolate chip in a large heat-proof glass bowl and set aside. This is definitely similar to the vanilla cupcake, but I haven’t tried just reducing the oil by half. Turned out great. Hi Lindsey, I asked you a question about adding coffee instead of plain hot water, I don’t even see my post. I have previously used Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder for these cupcakes, but Hershey’s has changed it and it no longer works as well in these. https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/baileys-chocolate-poke-cake/, Hi wonderful recipe, that pic made me to bake these for my little one, only I have a doubt, if I want to bake only half of the recipe as it’s too many cupcakes, should I use half egg or full? Do you have a layer cake version of this recipe and does the sponge freeze well? And the batter tastes good, I am so exited to try them! I also love that I can pour the batter into the cases as it’s runny, so much easier! Made the cupcakes today for my grandson’s birthday. Something silky smooth and full of real chocolate. Do you have a recipe for vanilla cupcakes that are just as moist? Fill the cupcake liners only halfway full. Glad you enjoyed the cupcakes! I do have a question for you though. Used this recipe to the T.. what a beautiful recipe! They are very chocolately and moist and rich – yummy! They might even be more moist on day 2 and 3. The cake is, by far, the best cake recipe I’ve ever used. I was wondering if you can make the icing a few days ahead and keep it in the fridge ready to ice cup cakes? I made these for a girl’s night in and they were a huge hit. Seriously, these moist chocolate cupcakes are super moist and wonderfully full of chocolate. People often write me and ask if I have a regular chocolate cupcake recipe, so here it is! Though you can absolutely use a hand or stand mixer if it’s easier for you! I’ve never tried it to say for sure, but it should be fine. I do believe it would work with these cupcakes. (used wilton 1M!). Hi Lindsay. I made the mistake of using the wrong tip for the frosting and it looked like the poop emoji lol! Was a complete hit with my friends and family. Unlike some cupcakes that end up dry on the outside and crack, these don’t do that and are moist throughout for DAYS. The final ingredients in the frosting are the powdered sugar and some heavy cream. Also, do you think they would work for this recipe? In this special FREE series, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking. These were the best cupcakes I’ve ever made. You’ve changed my life! If you need a little help with getting the right frosting consistency, check out my tutorial. I will be sharing the recipe and making again! Would I bake it at the temperature and do you know approximately how long I should bake it for? Does the recipe call for 1 cup sugar? Hi! They were a huge hit! Then used dark cocoa powder not Hershey’s but a different brand. after some googling today, I came across your recipe and I think I’ve finally found my go to recipe! Pour or spoon the batter into the liners. . I could taste the baking soda in your recipe as well, & while they were great, I know that’s not supposed to be the primary flavor that I pick up. I just want to ask if I can use regular milk instead of buttermilk? Make sure you’re using natural unsweetened cocoa powder, not dutched cocoa. Glad you’ve enjoyed them! “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12. I am so glad I came across this recipe. What am I doing wrong? Hi Lindsay! Great recipe this will be my go too recipe. Clear and easy to follow. Thanks! They turned out great, I just needed a few extra minutes of bake time. Everyone loves your cupcake recipe I have been making this since june and i got a lot of compliments! Thank you for the wonderful recipes. And yes, the batter is runny – it’s supposed to be. Delicious!!! Have you tried different liners? Thank you. I am going to try new recipes this weekend. Thanks again for this wonderful, wonderful recipe! Mix all of the dry ingredients well with a mixer or wooden spoon first then add in ��� These were such a hit recently, thank you! Does the frosting hold up well? It was a hit with everyone that tried them! I am becoming known as the great cupcake baker in my family. You could do either. These were awesome!!! You might want to refrigerate them because of the butter in the frosting, but I’d serve them at room temperature. I used Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa blend in both the cupcake and the frosting. The answer is yes, that is all you are using for each cupcake. Hi, I’m looking to adapt this recipe for a wedding cake. But both are great options. Instead of using water or milk They’re for my DIL for her birthday. Our sincere compliments:). Thanks in advance for any help! That’s some sort of health food, right? Did you use milk chocolate or dark one? I wanted to do an eggless version of the same. These were my go-to cupcakes, but I made them with the regular Hershey’s Cocoa powder and they just didn’t taste as good. This post may contain affiliate links. These cupcakes are amazing! Just be sure to serve them at room temperature. Hey, can we use normal cream for the frosting rather than whipped cream and any milk chocolate? Chocolate-Mint Cupcakes: Prepare Moist Chocolate Cupcakes as directed. Keywords: chocolate cupcakes recipe, chocolate dessert recipe, best chocolate cupcakes, easy chocolate cupcakes, moist chocolate cupcakes, best chocolate frosting, Tag @lifeloveandsugar on Instagram and hashtag it #lifeloveandsugar. I used semi sweet chocolate chips, but you just melt them as they are. it happened to me doing this recipe. i made these for a friends birthday yesterday and they were a huge hit. I am using a dutch process cocoa instead of hersheys special dark cocoa due to availability. I planned to ice the cupcakes on Friday evening, but do you think I should bake the cupcakes on that day as well or should I do them on a Thursday? 7. I am making a dozen of these cupcakes and a dozen of your vanilla cupcakes along with your buttercream frosting recipe. Replace the hot water with fresh brewed coffee. Can I use almond flour instead of regular flour. Hi, can i use the sour cream instead of a buttermilk? Hi Katelyn, The cupcakes will sink in the center if (1) there’s too much batter in each cupcake liner and/or (2) if the cupcakes are under-baked. Milk or other cream should be fine. To start, the cupcake itself is maybe the most moist cupcake you’ll ever have. Thank you! I also halved the frosting recipe and it was plenty for me. I used hot coffee instead of water. Also, who watches How I Met Your Mother?! So glad you enjoyed them! These easy chocolate cupcakes are light, fluffy, and so much more moist and flavorful than anything you could get out of a box. Can you explain why the Hershey’s special dark doesn’t work as well in these anymore? Cups only half filled. However, they were a little greasy. I never knew homemade chocolate cupcakes could be so good until I had these. This is by far the best! But overall, this recipe is perfect. I’d suggest a good quality chocolate chip or baking chocolate bar. 9. Each and every time, i think the latest one is the best, and this one is no different. Can you use this recipe to make a round cake? Yummm. Thank you. The cupcake is so moist, it melts in your mouth and the frosting is made with real melted chocolate for a silky smooth, super chocolatey frosting you won’t want to stop eating! Hi! Wow your insta and blogg are amazing!! I was wondering could I use this exact recipe, increase the vanilla essence and replace the cocoa powder with additional all purpose flour? I love that it only makes 12-14 cupcakes. So glad to hear you’ve loved the recipes! Never miss a post - subscribe to receive emails! Lindsay, They are so moist and soft and have great chocolate flavor! Hi Brian, did you alter the recipe at all? Thank you so much for sharing this recipe and I am going to share this recipe with my family and friends if that is okay with you. Thanks for the recipe! Boiled over in the pan and burnt on the bottom of the oven. These vanilla cupcakes are the ones I created as a vanilla version of these chocolate cupcakes. We don’t want dense! To make the frosting even more chocolatey and rich, I also added some cocoa powder. You don’t have to use hot water – the cake will still bake fine – but the hot water allows the cocoa to “bloom”, which brings out a richer chocolate flavor in the cake. I didn’t make the frosting in this recipe because I decided to go with an Italian Buttercream instead. 6. I have not. These chocolate cupcakes were the best I’ve ever made. Like my basic vanilla cupcakes recipe, these chocolate cupcakes hold a sacred spot in my baking repertoire. Could you use this recipe in a cake pan? Cocoa powder have on it now? Hi Lindsey… I saw your link to the cake recipe where the frosting is more like a buttercream frosting. Yes, flour and sugar weight differently. I added some as well. Thank you for this delicious recipe. You can make a cake – I actually have that Chocolate Cake recipe here. Spread cupcakes evenly with Chocolate Buttercream. You can certainly add that same frosting look to these cupcakes. But ate them anyways. I don’t ever make 6 inch cakes. You can find a similar cupcake in vanilla here. https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/moist-vanilla-cupcakes/. Thanks Nicci! Thank you and my grandchildren will thank you too. Will it make any difference to the taste/outcome? Hi Ms. Linday! This recipe makes the perfect chocolate cupcakes that are moist, light, and delicious – the perfect cupcake combo. We only use very little frosting per cupcake anyway, even though your pics look amazing with it piled high! The powdered sugar will thicken up the frosting a bit so that it pipes well and holds it’s shape and the cream will thin it out a bit. They are definitely my new go-to chocolate cupcake recipe! Hi Lindsay Im dying with your recipe. I always hear that it’s the best chocolate cake/cupcake they have ever had whenever I make it. I don’t normally reach for chocolate desserts if there’s a fruity one on the menu, but I would gladly unwrap one of these over any other choice. It’s been quite a while since the first time I tried this recipe and have never looked up another one since, as these cupcakes are absolutely gorgeous, so soft and moist and stay good for days, my favourites ever. I like room temperature, but with the butter in the frosting you might want to refrigerate. Oh my! Whether you bring these cupcakes for a birthday party or a casual gathering with friends and family or even a bake sale, everyone will love ��� Thanks Tina! ???? If you don’t use as much frosting, you should be able to cut the frosting in half. Easy to make yummy to eat! The cupcakes aren’t out of the oven yet, but it’s making the whole house smell really good! Add ��� After years of baking, I have never found a chocolate cupcake recipe I felt was just right. Regards, Faith. That wouldn’t really be enough Kahlua to taste it. Is it specific to just cupcakes? Yes, doubling the recipe should be just fine. Its my sisters birthday this coming January 24. The other one is butter based and has a tighter crumb. Dense. Your email address will not be published. How could u turn the recipe into 2 6×3inches round cake pan? Fill the cupcake liners about half way and bake for 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Hey , how do I store the cupcakes after making them ? Garnish with shaved or chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate ��� The cupcakes turned out great, as far as I know. I personally like to have some fun with a hazelnut coffee to add a little bit of a nutty taste when I make this into a bundt. x. The cupcakes lasted for almost a week, ( I made a lot of them ), stayed fresh and moist. Tried many ones this one in the one. Recipe was great. Thanks in advance. In a large bowl whisk together ��� Very tender, very intense chocolate flavor, very simple to make. Thanks for the recipes . This recipe has coffee in it, you melt the chocolate into the hot coffee. Add remaining powdered sugar and salt and mix until smooth. All have been soooo good. Looking forward for you advise. Hello. Thank u ! . Hmm, that seems strange. You can find the recipe for an 8 inch cake here. At the last part when we should put water is it hot water? I planning to display at coffee shop? Sounds like either too much or too little of something was added. Add the cocoa powder and mix until well combined. You can use regular milk instead of buttermilk, or you can use make your own buttermilk with some milk and vinegar. So I have only baked with the new version once and I should probably test it again to confirm, but when I used it, the cake version of this recipe turned out far more dense than usual. This recipe calls for hot water. Yes, you can find that recipe here. Hi Sally, I want to make not so sweet cupcakes. I haven’t ever tried sour cream in these cupcakes so I don’t know how it would turn out. All of those wonderful flavors hanging out together just made it extra yummy. I’m talking about those of you who don’t qualify an item as dessert unless there’s chocolate involved. Thanks. If you fill the liners too full, the cupcakes will overflow. Ok people! Beautifully moist so simple to make the taste it yummy Very happy xx, Sure can! Also, can I let go of egg.. if not, can you suggest a substitute to egg. This is my forever recipe for sure. Hi! Hi, i really thank you for this recipe ,i made it for my girl’s 1st birthday and it was really amazing and all my guests loved it and thanks for uploading the vedio. When I tried it, the cake was much more dense. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed both of them! Don’t waste the opportunity to add more flavor. You should be able to leave them at room temperature for about 24 hours. Will be replacing that with this easy to follow recipe. Could I replace the white sugar in the cupcakes with brown granulated sugar? Thanks for sharing! You’ll notice when you make the cupcakes that the batter is very thin. Thanks! I haven’t even made the icing yet! If not, how should I go about using only half an egg in the chocolate cupcake recipe? Thanks Yes, regular unsweetened cocoa is fine. 1. I don’t even need frosting to compliment this as it’s already a very yummy cake but I am sure with frosting it would be even more delicious, Would make a lovely dessert for any occasions, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. Yes, you can just use regular milk as well. Thank you for sharing. These cupcakes were very good, but were sticky and fell apart. I have decided to take up baking as a hobby and I love your web page…  Hi, are you using all purpose plain flour or self raising flour?. Very irresistible! Made them with milk instead of buttermilk, they were awesome!!!! For some reason, it taste differently when I use baking – like there’s an after taste to it. . Made from simple everyday ingredients, these chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting will be your new favorite. Absolutely loved the recipe! Or just top water? I just can’t wait to make these…… Thank You for sharing !! These are the most MOSIT cupcakes that I have ever made! can you tell me why? Thank you. I’d use the same temperature. It should probably be refrigerated since it’s all butter. I love the kitchen. And the website was really easy to understand! Followed your directions no changes ( although I used regular dark cocoa as I dislike Hershey’s) these are very moist and delicious and not too sweet. Mine overfilled too and they were less than half filled , What temperature would you bake a pan of 24 mini cupcakes at and how long. I also made your vanilla ones and boy were they top notch! Sorry! Deliciously soft, moist and chocolatey. I would like to make these for a birthday party this weekend, but we have an egg allergy. The perfect recipe size. Thanks Tiffany! I’m sorry you had trouble with it. You would want to double the recipe and adjust the baking time. I really want to make these cupcakes into a cake for my son’s birthday. Combine ��� There will never be a reason to find a better version– this is THE chocolate cupcake recipe I use time and time again. They were amazing. Strawberry shortcake is a dessert impostor and forget about apple pie. I really hope that you don’t mind that I did that. I don’t love the cocoa taste personally but they still taste fine. They are the best I’ve had. Thanks Sheila! The best chocolate cupcakes needed an awesome chocolate frosting. Very moist, fluffy and chocolatey! We used cream cheese frosting, but will try the chocolate frosting next time! or will this not be sweet enough? I’m so glad you enjoyed the cupcakes! I meant to say I would like to make it as a 9×13 cake, sorry I forgot to specify that in the first comment. They are so sooooo good! All the best Mari. Definitely the best chocolate cupcake and frosting recipe that I have ever made. (It doesn’t help that I practice at altitude and her wedding was at sea level!) But they sank in the oven… Google said too much air in the batter, so we tried to make it and stir less, but that did not help at all. ???? Check out my recipe notes for how to do that one. I’d check that out. No other adjustments are needed. That doesn’t sound like the recipe, but that the cupcake liners were over filled. Thanks for the support, Penny! Thanks! Yes, you can find that here – https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/best-chocolate-cake/. Looking forward to making this tomorrow. The butter cream icing is  good too. Its a very easy cupcake recipe and the batter comes together in 15 minutes. Plus no overflowing at the eim I filled it just as in the video. ? You have the best chocolate cupcake recipe and this one is my go to as everyone raves about how moist they are! Thank you so much! Making the Chocolate Cupcakes: 1. I’m getting it back up to where it was. Hands down the best chocolate cupcake base I’ve ever had. Indulge in frosted fairy cakes, red velvet, melting middle muffins and more. I made it and it was the best recipe I had ever made in my whole life of baking pls can you make cinnamon rolls. I have made these a few times and always get compliments. Thank you. I am baking in a convection oven and my cupcakes always come out with dome tops. Any idea why? Can i use dutch-processed cocoa? Hope they taste good! Cutting it in half should be fine. Combine the egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla in another medium sized bowl. Hey, is the frosting stiff enough to hold little tempered chocolate decorations? These cupcakes are really moist so they do better being made ahead then many recipes. The cake is so soft! Regards Vivian. I Have made her Oreo cake, now these cupcake are as promised super moist melt in your mouth!! Should I just reduced the sugar? Please help me. Can I sub the vegetable oil with coconut oil? I have a plethora of options from chocolate buttercream and rainbow chip frosting to strawberry frosting, vanilla buttercream, salted caramel frosting, and cream cheese frosting. I usually let them cool in the pan. That was delicious! These super moist chocolate cupcakes pack TONS of chocolate flavor in each cupcake wrapper! What’s the outcome of that other recipe and what’s the difference? There kind of sticky ontop. I haven’t tried it to be able to say, but I’m guessing it’d be ok. Combine the sugar, egg whites, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. They were a hit! This is my latest cupcake attempt as i work my way through your sweets! So smooth and delicious on its own. , I just bought your book on Amazon to support your business, but please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to thank you! I wish I could quit me job and be a baker! I am going to make this batter today to make a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and a chocolate whipped cream icing. Chocolate cupcakes are always popular at a bake sale or afternoon tea. God bless! And I have a question. What difference will it make? Thank you so much! You shouldn’t need to add baking powder. Enjoy . Take care. Linda. I want to try and make these tonight for my son’s birthday. Add the melted chocolate and mix until well combined. 16 perfect, delicious cupcakes every time. Made these today. I can’t figure I why. Can i use regular cocoa powder? My siblings said they couldnt taste it, so I know it’s just me; which is frustrating because I want to enjoy the treats too.

moist chocolate cupcake recipe

Why Do Some Fish Need Saltwater, Prince William Sound Webcam, Giga Jul Manual, Flower Picker Job, Anchorage Live Website, Understanding Virtual Servers, Corleone Font Generator,